Welcome to SnailRace!
What is this SnailRace thing?
SnailRace is a tiny massive (strange uh?) multiplayer game, that you can play in your spare time at school or office.
In fact, you can play SnailRace just with a plain simple browser capable of displaying static images.
How do I win the game?
This game is about racing with snails. Probably you could have noticed it from the title indeed.
You log in, you check your snail, train it, equip it and get it running. Maybe you even beat some opponents, but I wouldn't count on it.
I get it, so just tell me what to press to win!
Get your snail!
- First, you have to get an account. Go to Register and get one, that's quite easy and straightforward.
- Next, login and you'll be creating your snail. You must select a body, a shell, a pair of cool eyes and a mouth (you are not a lamb!).
A magical box will then appear, asking for a name and a short background. Write them and save your snail!
You're now ready to race and get dirty!
- Go to the Races screen, and look for an Upcoming Race.
You can now Enroll in it (watch out, many races are not free to join!) or...
Look at the Race Stats,
- A race is as long as the worm is, and more difficult as the leaf gets red.
When a race gets started, it will go directly in the Active Races section.
There, again opening the Race Stats, you'll see the real race going on and getting down to the bad dudes.
- See if any of your rivals has already signed in for this race,
- Bet some money on you or any racer,
- Disenroll from the race, if you thing it's too hard (no subscription payback!).
The race view is self-updating, so don't bother pushing your F5 (we know you'll do it anyway...)!
When someone's snail gets to the end of the track, the race will be Finished and the usual Race Stats will show you the podium.
At this time, some people will get the money, some people won't... life is hard for a snail trainer, you know...
My snail is ugly slow, what can I do?
- It's a snail, get used to it!
- No really, you can't make a snail go fast, dude.
- Are you still here? I told you can't do anything about that!
- Go home man, you're bothering me.
- Have you got some problem?
- Go away or I'll call the police.
- Well, a friend of mine just called me and told me you can make snails go faster... sorry, didn't know it.
- Go to the Facility Shop.
- Here you have some cool devices to get your snail as close as Arnld Schwrznggr as it can get (the name has been obscured, privacy and royalties before anything) .
- A device can increase one ore more of your snails stats. The higher the gain, the more you get fast.
- A device costs money, and endurance. The more the endurance cost the more your snail gets tired using it. Easy, ain't it?
- Buy one and get in the Training room!
Training hard pays off. Always.
- This room shows your snail stats. Strength, Speed and Endurance.
- Also, you can see your Money here. Useful!
- Next, that's what your snail is doing. Resting. Not good for a real racer.
- Select your new facility right away and force your little animal to do some exercising by pressing Change Facility
- Refresh in a couple of seconds, and you'll see some eXperience Points going up, and some endurance going down. That's your snail training and getting tired but stronger. As your XP grow, your stats will grow too (it will get some time, so be patient... it's a snail!).
- When the endurance goes to 0, your snail will start resting again.
Remember! Don't get in a race if you're tired for the training, you'll go real slow and lose the money for sure!
All the other stuff...
You can buy some accessories if you like, at the Accessory Shop. These cool gadgets will enhance your snail and make your opponents envy you. And look around for new gadgets every once in a while, they'll get cooler and cooler!
After you buy one, you can equip it at the Equip my snail room. Easy as creating your snail, remember that?
You're now ready to get some race won, so what are you waiting for?
Oh, i forgot... your snail....
there, she's coming....
man, that's slow...
well I'll go get some soda while she gets here...